CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

ALICE IN WONDERLAND

We did the school previews today!!! We did three previews all together, 2 were for the elementary schools in the district and one was for the kids in my highschool. I'm not sure why we never do a preview for the middle school... Probably because we don't have enough time during the day. But! I got to miss all of my classes, which, I guess could be considered a good thing in a way :) Except... tomorrow I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do! As well as preparing and resting up before my play. Yup - that's right, the actual productions are tomorrow night and Saturday night. I wish all of you could come and see it! If I haven't mentioned it yet, my name is Cinque and I'm in 9 out of the 11 scenes of the play.

But, back to the preview. Fortunately, they all went really well! And surprisingly, I wasn't nervous at all!!! Just, EXCITED! I love performing on stage in front of an audience; it's such an adrenalin rush! The 2nd elementary school preview was my favorite, all the kids got so wild and into the production it was awesome!!! It made me smile to see hundreds of little kids from kindergarten to fifth grade dancing and even singing in their seats, trying to contain themselves from jumping on to the stage with us!!! It was lovely and I was happy to see my fifth grade teacher, whom I used to know as, Ms. M!!!

After all the play previews we had about a 30 - 40 minute break and then the whole cast had to come back to the auditorium for rehearsal from 3 - 5:30. We were all so exchausted from the day though, that we had to have a 10 minute yoga session with the lights off to get ourselves a bit more relaxed. Boy, did that feel good!!! Although, even after the yoga session was over, all of us were still incredibly tired. Most of us didn't even bother getting into character for the scenes we performed, and instead just said our lines monotone. But luckily, our awesome director, DZ, didn't care because she understood how exhausted we all are after a long day of 3 wonderful previews.

I still can't believe it was our last rehearsal though. Not just the last rehearsal for Alice In Wonderland, but it's the last rehearsal we'll have for the rest of this year!!! I'm going to miss it so much. All the fun times, the late nights, and the goofing around. It's hard for me to grasp that one of our best actors, Mairi, is graduating this year. I'm going to miss her so much!!! She's hilarious, and she's definitely got some true talent.

But I'll never forget all the extraordinarily fun times we've had during the rehearsals for these plays, and the friends I've made/grown closer with because of it.

Matt, Bruce, Travis G, Jimmy, Ellie, Morag, Mairi, Nuber, Nick, Cody, James, Cassie, Tasha, Jasmine, Fai, Christina, Mo, Katie, Kelli, Sam, Leanne, Elyssah, Casey H, and Megan!

And of course, my already best friends before the show:
Mikaela, Ashley and Shelby


Hopefully I'll update soon with pictures from the real production and the cast party!!! I love you all, and I thank you for reading my blog and being patient with my posts! :)

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Awww, the poor middle school haha. It's the opposite here, they show play previews everywhere except the high school :P

The whole play thing sounds like so much fun! I would join drama club at my school, except for the fact that my friends who are in it basically had no lives for a few months. I don't have enough free time for it ):

Good luck at the performances! And I wish I could come see it, I'm sure you'll all do amazingly!