CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Don’t count every hour in the day, make every hour in the day count.

My day has been spent going through old pictures that have been sitting in that white chest at the foot of my bed in my room for quite a while now. I also found some postcards from when we went to Florida a couple years ago, and a few ticket stubs from the concerts and shows I've been to over the years. All these things bring back such wonderful memories... Time really does fly by faster than you can ever imagine. It's actually kind of sad.. I miss my old friends, and all the fun times we used to have. And I just wish I could experience my childhood once again for a couple of weeks.. Not to say I'm not enjoying life as it is now, because I most definitely am :) but it would be nice to go back..just for a little while. I miss Gabbie, Morgan, Haligh, Kelsea, Kelly and Haley so much.. I also miss my cousin Jenna, we used to be so close when we were younger.
By the way, I got a chance to talk to Penny for a little while this morning and we both ended up crying. Oh I miss her so much, but thankfully she's doing well.. It's so hard being best friends with someone who only lives here for a year, and then before you know it, they're gone, back to their home country millions of miles and bodies of waters away.

5 comments:

taffy. said...

i love looking through old paper.
for lack of a better word...

it always brings back memories.

Anonymous said...

old pictures are the greatest.
it seems to be the one time where dwelling on the past isn't considered such a bad thing.

my favorite finds are definitely the movie and concert stubs.

good luck with genesis, and let me know when you get to deuteronomy!

from, mikayla

rachel said...

thats good you got to get in touch with your friend. i always love talking to a faraway best friend, it feels so good to hear their voice again.
i feel the same way, when i think back to all the games my neighborhood friends and i used to play, i mourn to have that back again, just one little game of cops and robbers, its so upsetting ..

Natalie said...

I love looking through old pictures stuff, just to remember all of the great memories! I have this whole drawer filled just with ticket stubs and other little knickknacks from the past. That's terrible about your best friend living so far away! My best friend moves a lot, and I'm terrified that she's going to move again. I hope not ):

Mark said...

If you like
"Don’t count every hour in the day, ... make every hour in the day count. " eathian

You might like the rest of my blog.
http://lines-of-thought-by-an-unknown-author.blogspot.com/
Mark Amend