CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

HE has called me friend :)

  • Currently:

Wearing my Backseat Goodbye hoody
Texting Cameron and Ashley Ray
Talking to Maggie, Josh and Ryne on AIM
FREEEEEEEZING!
Studying for my biology test tomorrow

  • Today:

Finally finished the play! I'm actually pretty confident that we have a good chance of winning the contest :)

  • Yesterday:

After school I walked to the Sandborn's house with Casey, Mikaela and Brandy. It wasn't even 10 degrees, and on the way there, my hands turned red, black, blue, purple, and full of orange dots. It was the weirdest thing ever! I felt like I was on an episode of House. Finally they began hurting so bad that I started to run to Casey's house, leaving everyone else behind. Mikaela caught up with me and made me stop running, because it was so cold outside that she was afraid I was going to freeze my lungs as well, because apparently, that's possible. Ha but anyways, I was in so much pain, and my hands became so numb that I could hardly even talk. When we got to the Sandborn's what seemed like years later, Mikaela and I walked right in, even though Casey and Brandy were wicked far behind us. Jon, Taylor, Ryne and Gage were already there, and they greeted us at the door. When they heard about my hands, they all put their hands out to try and warm mine. My hands were so numb and freezing cold that I couldn't feel them touching me - I couldn't even feel my fingers touching eachother. Everyone told me to run my hands under gradually warming water, and I did, but that just made my hands hurt even more to the point where I was in tears.. Everyone was crowded around me in the kitchen, Mikaela holding a cloth around my hands, and everyone else trying to make me laugh or smile. I could barely understand what anyone was saying - I was in too much pain. Then I started feeling reallyreally sick to my stomach, so I rested my head on Mikaela's shoulder and closed my eyes. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, I ran to the bathroom in tears and sat on the floor. I thought I was going to be sick.. :( After I shut the door, I heard someone knocking, it was Mikaela asking to see if I was alright. I said I'd be fine but she came in with Brandy's gloves and sat on the counter anyways. I was so sick and still in so much pain that she wanted to call my mom, but after a few more moments passed, I started feeling a little bit better and I just went and layed down in the living room in one of the Sandborn's big, comfy chairs and listened to A Day To Remember with the rest of the crew.

When I felt good enough to get up, I went into the kitchen where Casey and Brandy were baking peanut butter cookies (which turned out absolutely delish by the way!) I sat in a chair and put my head down on the counter top. Cameron was on the phone with one of his friends, and he came by to see if I was okay and put his head down next to me, completely ignoring the girl he was on the phone with. He made sure I was alright, offering me a blanket and his snuggie if I was still cold.. before getting back to his phone conversation. That made me smile, he's such a big sweetie :)

When I finally felt ALL BETTER, all of us had a blast just chillen out at the Sandborn's house and talking before youth group. At one point, Cameron and I had a fight where we chased eachother around the kitchen with pot holders, smacking eachother with them. It was hilarious and definitely the highlight of my day! Hahaha :D

  • That's What God Said:

THEN! Oh man, we had youth group!! It was the best worship during youth group I have ever experienced. I got all hardcore into it, focusing only on God and praying to Him the whole time. And then, all of a sudden, during one of my favorite worship songs (Do What You Will) God spoke to me. He gave me a feeling so strong and powerful, I've never experienced anything like it before. I've never been so encouraged in my life. I was like, shaking the whole rest of youth group and everyone noticed there was something up. Towards the end, after the alter call, we all prayed for our pastors. After that, I gathered up the courage to go up to Pastor Pearl and tell her what God had spoken to me about that evening. She was so excited, she hugged me and made me tell Pastor Dan as well. Soon afterwards, I was still shaking but it was time to leave and I didn't get a chance to tell Casey yet. She told me to text her, and the best way to explain all this to you guys is to just type up my text messages...

"Well i didnt know how to word it really, but i said that i really felt like God was saying to me that the old times really are over. For all of us. And that the new beginning is going to start way sooner than we think. We need to be ready. God's going to hit us and our church so hard with the holy spirit that people won't be able to walk by without noticing a difference, getting interested, and being drawn in. Our biggest prayers and church growing dreams won't just be wishes anymore - God's going to work in so many lives that it's actually going to happen. And it's gunna happen sooner than any of us ever imagined. So like i said, we gotta be prepared. We gotta be so into God and so in love with Jesus that we can't think about anything else other than Him and His amazing grace. His great works are already starting.. But seriously - that message wasn't from me. It was God - working through me and my fingers. I think that message and piece of encouragement needs to be said aloud and shared with everyone. It's such an encouragement, and it's not even something we WANT to hapen anymore. It's something that's actually GOING to happen - and SOON. Big changes are going to occur and we're gunna get to experience it!!"

2 comments:

taffy. said...

that's amazing!


i hope your hands are better.

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds horrible about your hands! Were they frostbitten or something? D: I really hope that they feel better! It sounds like you have some awesome friends that stuck with you to try and make you feel better, that's so sweet of them (: Sounds you had an amazing youth group too!