CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A fabulous day

I brought my grandparent's to church with me today. They absolutely LOVED it! They said if they were younger, they'd switch to my church with me, but since they've been involved in the church they go to now their whole lives, there really isn't much point at this point in their lives. But I'm so glad they liked it! They said they definitely plan on coming back from time to time, and they also plan on trying to talk my parents into checking it out too... I can't wait!

During church today I had a special connection with God. I could actually feel myself growing in my faith, moving closer to God personally, and becoming a stronger person all together. We had a time for prayer today, and Pastor Jonnie wanted told me to go up and pray for people. ME! Out of all people... I mean I'm only 15. I was probably the youngest person in the church today who isn't a little kid. So I must admit I was rather shocked. But I went up and prayed for this kid that just graduated, who at the time I had no idea who I was praying for. But words just kept pouring out of my mouth and I think I did pretty swell. I mean it's not like I've never prayed over anyone before, because at just about every youth group or church service I do. But I've never done it ALONE, for someone I didn't even know until today. It was a new experience, and actually sort of ended up leading me to many others... Because AFTER we were done praying for them, and some people even got SAVED (YEAY!) I asked my youth pastor if I could have some prayer myself. Of course he said sure, then he asked me what I wanted prayer for. I told him I wanted to be stronger in my faith and closer with God. A bunch of people were praying for me, and then when they were done, I smiled and said "Thank you" and all of a sudden Pastor Dan started to prophesy over me. He was like the only person in the whole church talking, and everyone was listening so intently to what he had to say... Especially me. &I don't remember it all, but I know he said something about God speaking to him and saying that I have a GREAT call on my life, and that I am going to do a lot to spread His word. Pastor Dan also said something about me PREACHING... Yeah, ME! I couldn't believe it! I mean I WANT to, of course! But I can't picture it at all! I'm not very good at public speaking... Hahaha but I guess whatever God wants me to do will all work itself out, am I right!? :D


BY THE WAY:
Cameron was already on the stage thing getting ready for worship when I arrived at church this morning, but before he started he mouthed "I love you" to me and I mouthed it back. He gave me a big smile and then all during worship, he kept looking at me ... pretty much the whole time. I notice that a lot, but it really stuck out to me today. Because I've been praying to be SET free of liking him so much, but I notice he STARES at me ... I always thought it was my imagination or something silly like that but why would God let my imagination play such tricks on me if there wasn't a reason? Maybe there's something behind the stares and the smiles... Maybe something more than I think, something more than anyone knows other than God. I just pray that it will all be revealed to me SOON. Haha and then after church ended, I was standing there with my grandparents and talking to all the pastors. Cameron was on the other side of the church with all the youth and a whole bunch of other people, but he kept looking at me and mouthing stuff and things like that. And then when my grandparents and I were about to leave, he completely ditched everyone he was with and RAN across the church to say goodbye, give me a big hug or two, and meet my grandparents. I just thought that was sweet, and now my grandparents won't stop saying what a "nice boy that Cameron is" ... Hahahah =]

4 comments:

Rose Valentine said...

That is WONDERFUL!!! God is sending you your calling. WOW!!!!! I pray to draw closer to Him.

And as for Cameron-

Maybe after you telling him your feelings, he's realizing what a wonderful person you are and he can't help but stare at your beauty.

Rose Valentine said...

Btw, I added you to my bloglist, but the pic of that colorful car shows up. Is that suppose to happen?

Rose Valentine said...

Oh never mind it's gone. LOL

Rose Valentine said...

LOL! Well...

Thanks for your words of comfort. :)