CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Friends are better than nothing

Right after I got offline yesterday, David texted me and said "I love you!!!!" haha so I guess we're all good now :D!

Last night was wicked fun! I ended up going to both parties.. which was great! I went to Haligh's first, around 5, and stayed till about 8. I didn't really know anyone there besides her and Ashley, but Ashley didn't hang out with us so it was kind of awkward for me at first. I ended up hanging out with Haligh and her boyfriend Harrison for like the first two hours of the party... it was actually not that bad, he's a nice kid, real cute and smiles A LOT. I give Haligh big props for dating him =] haha then we all went outside and I played bad minton and frisbee with Kelcy and Hannah before my dad got there to pick me up and bring me to Ken & Dee's party. That, was the highlight of my night. Oh my gosh.. that party was so flippen fun! I guess it was Dee's birthday, so they had like TONS of people over and had a Hawaiian themed party with a band and bonfire and everything! Pretty much everyone from church was there, we all got lays and danced and just hung out. I had a really great time, and it OFFICIALLY broke the ice between me and Cam. He kept either coming over to me, or telling me to come over to him.. We danced together a little bit and joked around a lot like AS FRIENDS and it was just a really fun time. I'm glad we're such good friends... which brings me to CHURCH TODAY!!

Okay, where to start? Well first off, I have officially come out of my shell of being shy.. I don't feel like I have to impress anyone anymore, I just want to be myself and I FIT IN more than ever which is great. I walked through the doors of the sanctuary and was greeted by like 6 people yelling "HI SARA!" as I walked by. Haha then once worship started, I was getting really into it because of what has been happening the past few days, that I haven't posted on here and am NOT about to... and I started shaking uncontrollably and Abbie kept asking me if I was alright. I finally gathered the courage to go up to the alter and kneel down wanting some prayer. When I went up there, seconds later I was followed by a bunch of my friends to pray for me. Cameron, being on stage and all... noticed how touched I got by today's worship and that something was bothering me and looked at me and smiled for a bit of comfort. I thought that was sweet. Then worship ended, and I went and sat back down next to Rachel for service. There were a couple empty seats next to me, so Cameron picked up all of his stuff and came and sat in the seat RIGHT NEXT TO ME. Although I thought it was sweet, I was in shock.. Because lately I have praying HARD about God setting me free of liking this kid, so I can be as close to GOD HIMSELF as I can get. So I was kind of frustrated.. and I had to deal with the struggle of keeping focus on Pastor Dan preaching rather than Cameron turning to look at me and smile and his elbow touching me every few seconds. That got kind of annoying, but I conquered it (yeay!) The message at service really got to me, I can't even explain what it was about although I'd really like to... but I DID pay very close attention and I almost started crying right there in the middle of Pastor Dan's preaching... But I didn't. Then there was an alter call and I was the first one to go up there other than Ryne. Pastor Dan and a bunch of other people prayed over me, and then Pastor Jonnie and a few more people did too. Then I went and prayed over a ton of other people that I had no clue who they were, and had never seen them in my life. But I felt like I should, so I did. (See what I mean about coming out of my shell) Then after church was over, like always, we all just hung out and talked for a while. Ryne pulled me aside and started saying how he really feels like THIS IS OUR YEAR TO SHINE. Mine and his, we're going to do BIG & GREAT THINGS to change our school and our town. I'm so excited!! Cameron came over in the middle of our AMAZING conversation to listen. Then Ryne went over to hang out with his almost-girlfriend and everyone else, and left me with Cameron, Mercedes, Sami and Taylor. Then randomly, Cameron looked at me and says "I really have to pee." And I was like, "Me too!" And he goes, "You want to go pee together!?" Hahaha I giggled at that rather strange statement, and said "Sure! Even though this is uhm kinda ..weird" He's like "So!?" And we both giggled as we started walking to the bathrooms together... and then he's like "I bet I'll be done before you." And I'm like "You wanna bet on that Cameron!?" And all of a sudden he pushes me out of the way and starts RUNNING to the bathroom through this HUMONGOUS crowd of people. I was like HAHAHAHAH and started running too, trying to catch up and beat him. Yeahh I can't believe I had a peeing contest with someone, but I did and wow it was hilarious and definitely made my day. When I was done, I came out of the door and I saw Cameron peaking out of his bathroom door and when he saw me he yells "HA!" and we both start laughing and then arguing over who won. Hahaha then I realized he still had his pants like unzipped and his shirt was kinda unbuttoned... I was like "WOW you cheater.. I didn't have to stoop that low!" And he starts laughing and turns around to fix himself up hahaha then we both walked over to the dessert table where all our friends were, and my parents texted me and said they were there to pick me up. I went to go get my hoody, and came back to recieve a kagillion hugs. My youth pastor, Pastor Jonnie, gave me a big bear hug and goes "I love you so much" And I was like "I love you too!" and he's like "Really?" And I said, "Yeah! You're one of my favorite people!" And he laughed and kissed me on the head. I thought that was sweet, he's such a great guy. He's like my third dad, next to God (the Father) and my real dad of course. =] Then I went over to all my friends to say goodbye to them, and found Cameron sitting on the floor playing with Matthew (Travis & Abbie's 3 year old little brother, Cam, Casey & Ry's cousin) And I asked Matthew if I could have a hug because I was leaving. He gave me a big hug, and then Cameron looks up at me and says "Noo" all sad and stuff and I was like "I'm sorry!" and he puts his arms out for a hug so I had to bend down and hug him too. Haha it was greattt I love all the hugs I get from the people at my church! We really are all like one big happy family, it's fantastic and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Nothing can help you grow with God better than a family, and that's what my church is. We share a warm bond that shall never be broken.

6 comments:

C-Lo 101♥ said...

Sounds like you like going to partys! And are invited to quite a few!☺☺

Natalie said...

That's so great about finally being able to come out of your shell. It's a great feeling! Also, it's awesome about the warm bond that you have with your church, it's another lovely feeling to feel so loved (:

Btw, the peeing contest sounds ha-ha-hilarious :D

unknown to man-kind said...

it sounds like you had so much fun! i'm jealous!

:) victoria

Karine said...

I loved this post,Sara.
It's amazing to feel welcome and that's how we feel when we are in God's house.I know what you mean.
;)

Ohh..And that Cameron is sooo sweet.I wish you guys could..you know..

Well...Kisses!

i'm more like me said...

usually i vent 2 a friend, but i felt like getting other bloggers oppinions and letting ppl c more into my life. as for apologizing afterwards, ppl i know including ally read the blog and they should know that i just had 2 do it but i really do forgive them.
ur so lucky w/ all these parties, this yr im gonna try 2 make tons more friends at school and go to more parties. i actually went 2 a partylike thing yesterday, but it was more of a friends family reunion and he could invite as many ppl as he wanted, his rents love me and i think its awsome how they allow so many ppl 2 spend the night and what not

i'm more like me said...

thats cool, i think id go 2 both types of parties, but have only been ivned 2 the 1s w/out alc, if i did go 2 1 w/ alc id try 2 stay away from drinking it lol