CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Something amazing

Okay, so a couple weeks ago I got an amazing revalation while talking to my mom one day after church, and I sent this message to Casey:

Okay, so I was on my way home from church this morning, and I was just sitting there in the car talking to my mom, and all of a sudden we came up with the most brilliant idea ever. You know how there’s kind of a slight void between our church and the other churches of the area, especially now that we have decided to bring our youth group to the middle school for a while? And all the other churches seem to be a tad bit afraid that we are trying to steal away kids from their own youth group? Well, since that isn’t our goal at all .. My mom and I came up with the idea of bringing all the churches of the area together in like the high school auditorium or the middle school auditorium or something like that .. And have our own mini Gen Con! But we’ll put it in the center of our little village, so we can reach out to people even better and more than we are now. Not only would we invite all the churches of the area to come join, but we could put an ad in the newspaper or something like that for some publicity to invite anyone else who would like to come that is not part of a church. Each church that we invite could participate in the service and the worship and put in their own little special something, since we all have something slightly different to offer. I know we’re always saying “if those lost kids could get to Gen Con, this would totally change them for the better!” but no one is ever willing to go, because it’s either too expensive or too far or some excuse like that. So like I said, we could make our own mini Gen Con right here but make it for only like a day. With all the kids being on fire for God and working together from a few different churches of this area, I think we could really reach out EVEN MORE to the kids around here. I don’t know, it’s just an idea .. And it definitely wouldn’t happen anytime soon, especially with us just moving our youth group to the middle school to begin with. But I think it’s a good idea, and something I am going to be praying and fasting about before I mention this to anyone else. I just wanted to get your opinion first, so yeah let me know what you think!

And she never gave me a reply, so I kinda put the idea in the back of my mind... Until tonight. Now Casey was the only person other than my mom that I even MENTIONED anything about the whole idea to... and my bestfriend Mikaela (we go to different churches, but she's the one that brought me to really know God to begin with) But tonight she i.med me and said "So when I went to that leadership meeting, they preached on having less time than we think and then talked about how all the churches need to unite and stop acting like competitors, because there isn't separate churches.. There is one church under God." And I started crying right then and there, because I hadn't even mentioned the littlest thing about my idea to her. And it just opened up so many doors and everything for me, because I have been praying about this for a while and if God wants this to happen, for him to give me the "Okay" or the thumbs up or whatever and I would do what I could to pursue it. And well, to me, this was definitely a sign from God that it needs to happen. So I sent Mikaela the message I sent Casey a couple weeks ago, and she started crying herself. She said she's been talking to one of her youth leaders about having a conference in our town. So yeah, after this conversation I have decided to take the next step in pursuing this amazing idea haha and talking to my pastors about it... I don't know when I'll get the chance, but I know God will tell me when to do it!

3 comments:

i'm more like me said...

your welcome 4 the inspiration, also ur completly right about the one church under god thing and i think u should go 4 it, maybe u should look at getting a younglife (highschool youth group that meets weekly at some1's house)
as 4 the amazing band that wrote the song i dedicated my title to, they are called between the trees, i think i need 2 put my huge playlist on there of 100% amazing songs

Jules said...

Everything happens for a reason and God knows why. :) ahihihi. ;) This is really a brilliant idea, Sarah. Bless your heart.

Jules
www.soloden.blogspot.com
www.healthlines.blogspot.com

Jules said...

I think your blog is nice so I am adding you up in my main blog www.soloden.blogspot.com. You take care! :)


Jules
www.soloden.blogspot.com
www.healthlines.blogspot.com