CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Gift

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Today was our Christmas service at church. Not even just the sanctuary, but the WHOLE church was decorated so elegantly and so unbelievably beautiful this morning. There were lights, flowers, and Christmas decorations everywhere. It looked so nice!!
To be honest, I've never been to a Christmas service before, so this was a new experience for me. I really enjoyed it though, and a bunch of new people came for a visit. It was so different from our normal Sunday service, nobody preached and we didn't really sing any worship songs.. although we did sing a few Christmas carols about Jesus. A few people went up to perform, either with their own original Christmas song that they wrote themselves, or to sing an already well known song. The nativity scene was also performed, and it was beautiful.
Everyone was so dressed up and cheerful this morning, it pushed me even more into the spirit of Christmas and I now even more appreciate the reason it is celebrated.

Oh hey, do you want to hear something weird?
Last night, I had a dream with Casey, Cameron, and Ryne all in it. When I walked into church this morning, I was still thinking about the dream because it was so random and weird that it was still replaying itself in my mind, trying to figure out if it had any meaning to it or something. But anyways, I walked in the sanctuary and almost immediately was greeted by Cameron and Casey on stage. They were getting everything ready for this morning's service. I went up to join them, and Cameron was like "You were in my dream last night!" Then Casey told me I was in her dream too. Oy, I don't know. There's probably no importance of this at all, I just thought it was kind of incredible...if I do say so myself :P

4 days till Christmas!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

All of those little three-block-picture thingies are so pretty (:

My church has Christmas service on Christmas Eve, but I can never go to it because we have dinner at my house that night. So I've never been to a Christmas service either, but it's good to hear that everything was great! I'm in the Christmas spirit today too (:

And that's weird about your dream!

taffy. said...

you're all connected :)