CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Grandma & Grandpa, my heroes.

I'm still at my grandparent's house. They don't have an internet or wireless connection so i'm surprised this works. But anyways, have I ever mentioned how much I love my grandma and grandpa? They're pree cool. Last night we all took a ride around the city to look at all the lights at everyone's houses. I couldn't believe how many people still haven't put up any Christmas decorations or lights yet. Do you think it's because our country is in a recession and a lot of people don't have the money to pay for electricity bills? Or is it because we have a whole bunch of Mr. Scrooge's living in the city? Or maybe it's just because people just haven't gotten around to putting anything up yet.. I mean this is a busy time of year.

Today my grandparent's are taking me shopping, like to the mall and stuff. I have to get my daddy's Christmas present since he's the only one I still have to buy for. He wants a bible! Can you believe it!? I was so shocked when he told me that a couple months ago. It's unbelievable, but I like it. Haha but everyone else in my family that I need to buy presents for is pretty much all set. I'm getting my mom the Mama Mia DVD, it's her favorite movie and she went to see it in theaters twice. It doesn't come out until the 16th though, so I have to wait a couple weeks. And for my grandparent's, I'm writing them a poem. I've always been told that I have a gift for writing, and they've seen some stuff I haven't even tried to write all that magnificently, and thought it was to die for. So I think it'll be the perfect gift...once I actually write it... :/

Update:

We got to the mall about 10 o'clock or so, it was already starting to get pree busy. I got the book Twilight, now that I saw the movie I'm going to read it. I also got the soundtrack for the movie. (How obsessed do I sound?) Haha..I also got the Casting Crowns Christmas CD, and David Cook's new CD. Then we went to Charlotte Russe and I got a necklace, and 2 pairs of sunglasses. One for me and one for Mikaela. They're pree nifty, I think she'll like them :)

When I finally got back home, I watched The Holiday with my mom. Seriously, if you have never seen that movie... I definitely recommend you watch it! It's a great love story/comedy, and it's also kind of a Christmas movie. Which brings me to the point...

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

I've been watching the 25 days of Christmas thing on ABC Family lately, and my favorite Christmas movie is still Elf. I also like the first Santa Claus. My worst favorite Christmas movie would probably be Polar Express. That movie has freaked me out since the first time I saw (parts of) it in English class in 7th grade. I honestly have no idea why, it just does... But then again, I've never actually watched the whole movie.




Oh and also, I think it's cute that my grandma just called to tell me she missed me :) How sweet is that?

10 comments:

taffy. said...

hmm... i've always wanted to be named sara if only to date someone named zak.


zak and sara- ben folds

look it up, one of my favourites ever.

i adore christmas!

BiLLiON $$$ said...

my grandmother is my hero she has been through so much and she has survived
she has a lot of little diseases that work her last nerve but she still has love for me :)
i like your blog :)

Natalie said...

Haha, they don't have internet but it still works? That's lucky! Your grandparents sound really fun! The poem idea sounds really sweet, I'm sure they'll love it (:

We have some decorations out, but we haven't put our tree up yet. It's just procrastination striking again :P

And I still need to get everyone Christmas presents too! Urgh! It seems like I still have so much left to do and not very much time left to do it, only a couple weeks til Christmas!

Anonymous said...

We don't have decorations either =P
we live in a townhouse so i guess it doesn't matter....lol
i'm glad you love your grandparents so much! I love mine a lot to! we visit them every sunday. i like to write poems to =] i don't know what to get other people though... it's a little stressing somtimes!
i like your blog =D

SUMMMMMMMERRRR! said...

go to www.aliciarivera.blogspot.com

(: diana! said...

hi I love your blog, candy canes are so cute.
You're so lucky you are so close with your grandparents. I actually have both grandparents (actually all 4 but I only really have met my Mom's side) but I never really got the chance to know them. :(
I noticed the lack of lights too this year. Or these few years. feels like as i grow up, less and less lights are being put up in my neighbourhood. :S

Unknown said...

Yeah, I love ABC family Christmas movies.

Sweet post about your grandparents.

anthony luvs johanna

BiLLiON $$$ said...

lol
thankx for the comment :)

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you? I was looking through your blog and I was inspired and impressed with your posts and writing.

I have a blog here in Southern California at San Diego and I try to look for new friends who will visit and comment.

I think you may appreciate my different labels and music videos that I use for my posts.

I also install my art, as it is my High Art blog, however, I have an international audience and you could really meet some of the neatest people through my blog.

I hope to hear from you soon and take care... :)

Anonymous said...

Haha! >o< We just put our Christmas decorations up this weekend. Sounds like you have your list is all set for your family. I'm still going over what to get my brother - maybe a concert ticket though it won't be like dead center because I don't have that kind of -moohla-. And I'm not sure for my dad, maybe a nice cook book for grilling on the grill. Charlotte Russe, I love that store, I just got done shopping there today. ×D My favorite movie is either Grand Hogs Day or Elf. =]